I had a really good New Year’s Eve and Day. I spent a majority of both days watching conference talks from people that I saw speak live at RubyConf 2014, as well as from those I’ve only heard stories about (or chatted with in passing on Twitter).
Here’s a list of those I’ve spent the end and beginning of a year with:
- Kerri Miller - 5 Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me About Programming Before I Started
- Ernie Miller - Ruby After Rails
- Liz Abinante - Programming, Education, and the American Dream
- Steve Klabnik - Functional Reactive Programming
- Steve Klabnik - Nobody Knows Rust
- Steve Klabnik - Why Open?
- Steve Klabnik - OOP and Philosophy
- Steve Klabnik - Why should I care about Rails 4?
- Sandi Metz - Madam Sandi Tells Your Future by Sandi Metz
- Michael Hartl - Enumerable for Fun & Profit
- Laura Frank - Containerized Ruby Applications with Docker
- Aaron Patterson - Keeping Ruby Weird
- Aaron Patterson - I’ve Made a Huge Mistake
- Aaron Patterson - Cat Care and Maintenance
- Coraline Ada Ehmke - He Doesn’t Work Here Anymore
- Nickolas Means - How to Code Like a Writer
- Katrina Owen - Therapeutic Refactoring
- Katrina Owen - Here be Dragons
- Katrina Owen - Overkill
- Katrina Owen - Hacking Passion
Yes, that’s a long list of talks. Keep in mind, for some of them, that was the second time I saw them. And I couldn’t be happier about the time I’ve spent enthralled with the presented topics - it just makes me even happier to be part of this wonderful community.